Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Beautiful Buenos Aires... so much to do in so little time. Normally Johannes, Amelie and I are not fans of the big cities and the orginal plan was to stay for only two days. After 5 we had trouble tearing ourselves away. What an incredible place with great food, music, dancing, markets, architecture, neighbourhoods, anything and everything you dream of in a city.


We were immediately captured by the place. We saw an incredible tango musical, ate the most amazing meal at an ´all you can eat´parrilla (grill) restaurant, wandered around countless beautifully different neighbourhoods, had foam fights in the street for Carnaval... and the list goes on.


Tango in the sunday market palce in San Telmo.
Colourful buildings in La Boca
Giant old museum in Tigre.


I will definitely be coming back to this city. Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Konichiwa Eleanor, or perhaps I should say "hola"! Your blog looks awesome! I can't believe some of the pictures you have up there, especially the ones from Patagonia. They are truly breathtaking.

I just got back from Japan! I had a fantastic time, and a really good visit with Darcy, plus I ate so much delicious raw fish... You probably wouldn't have been so hot on the last item, mind you.

See ya!

Paul Grinvalds said...

Buenos Fuckin' Aires!!!! what a city... Elskies...too bad that our timing was just a little bit off. It would have been TOO kick-ass if me you and tym could have all travelled together. Man, seeing your pictures makes me want to go back already. But here I am in old Australia...staying with Ruth, and guess who's coming to visit on thursday....noone other than Claireski's herself...so i'm really excited. anyways, looks like you're having a blast and i miss you a lot. see ya soon.